1. The Environment as Disingenous Trope – Tracing Contemporary Plastic Waste Discourse and Policy in India. Dr. Kaveri Gill, Associate Professor, Department of International Relations and Governance Studies, Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
2. Environmental Apocalypses, Cosmic Time and Super hero Comics Prof. Roma Chatterji, Professor and Head, Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi
3. Bureaucratic epistemes and regulatory disputes: Genetically Modified (GM) crops between science and legal-administration Dr. Aniket Aga, Associate Professor of Environmental Studies, Ashoka University, Sonipat, Haryana
4. Counter Narratives of Resource Use and Transformation of Hinterland Spaces: A Study of Kakinada Coast in South India Prof. Purendra Prasad, Professor and Head, Department of Sociology, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
5. Environment as Land: Understanding anti-displacement politics in Jharkhand Dr. Vasundhara Jairath, Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam
6. Seeing like a State: constructing the Environment in the judicial Dr. Nandan Nawn, Associate Professor, TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi and Sashikant Yadav, Research Scholar, TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi
7. We are all environmentalists: Framing life in the National Green Tribunal Dr. Sudha Vasan, Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi
8. Constructing a World Heritage Site: Ecology as Culture Kh. Neil Young, Research Scholar, Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi
9. Of Nepali People and Indian Peacocks: The Politics of Bio-cultural Recognition on the Himalayan Frontier Dr. Suchismita Das, Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Chicago, USA
10. Cultivating Knowledge Practices in an Arid Environment: Narrative Bridges and Breaches Prof. Rita Brara, Visiting Professor, Institute of Economic Growth/Ashoka University
11. Beyond Representation: An Environmental Aesthetics for the Anthropocene Dr. Maya Ratnam, Assistant Professor, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
12. Chhattisgarh Mukti Morcha’s Green Imaginations: Exploring Environmental Narratives in Central India’s Mines and Factories Dr. Radhika Krishnan, Assistant Professor, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad, Telangana
13. Ecological Maladjustment of Rice Cultivation in North India Vineet Rathee, Doctoral Candidate, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
14. Environment and (or) Development: Competing Narratives from Uttara Kannada District, Karnataka Dr. Manisha Rao, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
15. Thinking through the ideal of vatavaran in a post industrialised age: the case of Balbir Singh’s River preservation movement in modern day Punjab Dr. Amit Chaturvedi, Assistant Professor, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
To read abstracts, click on the paper titles